Penguin Dreams and Stranger Things

A refuge in the great snow storm of life. A place for me to show my weaving and vent my frustrations.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, MD

I'm working on developing a Norse persona to explain the weaving and spinning, hence the name. I collect penguins and as my interests state; I also tablet weave, spin, cook, brew, and dabble in embroidery. Stop by, pull up an iceburg, and chill with the penguins.

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Back to the Grindstone

Spinning again. If I had a digital camera I would post pictures. Playing with the brown wool I picked up at the '03 Sheep and Wool festival. I was looking for something to use my new toys on and it was cheap. So I'm about 1/2 way through the 1/2 lb of washed but unprocessed mystery wool. So I've been combing it with the Viking Combs from Indigo Hound, they're the best, and spinning on my favorite drop spindle. Once I get an ounce of stuff processed and spun I'm going to ply and finally send it in for the Apprentice level entry in the guild.

The "put up or shut up" project is on hold until I get more stuff spun. Don't have enough of the madder dyed wool spun and I could probably use some more of the bleached.

The stout was bottled today. I'll see how it is in a week. Nothing much going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home