Penguin Dreams and Stranger Things

A refuge in the great snow storm of life. A place for me to show my weaving and vent my frustrations.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, MD

I'm working on developing a Norse persona to explain the weaving and spinning, hence the name. I collect penguins and as my interests state; I also tablet weave, spin, cook, brew, and dabble in embroidery. Stop by, pull up an iceburg, and chill with the penguins.

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

A&S

So I'm an artisan or something like that. I'm an apprentice and I've been REALLY lazy lately about the weaving.

Yeah, I made a nifty turtle piece and some inkle stuff for my new dress but I haven't done anything challenging in a long time. The crab belt was challenging and ambitious for my fourth piece. The apprentice belt was challenging because of the sheer length of the thing, 3 yards, and the time table I was trying to keep. I haven't woven any of the patterns that I've drafted yet but that's the next step. I haven't done anything else with twill since I tried the basic 3/1 with what was left on the loom. I won't get better unless I practice. I won't practice unless I warp that sucker up. I guess that's what I'm doing tomorrow.

Then there's the rapier thing. Spent $550 on new toys but I haven't been to practice yet. Need to get washers to put in the bird blunts so I can get the dagger and schlagger set up. So much to do and so little initiative. Was I always this lazy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home