Penguin Dreams and Stranger Things

A refuge in the great snow storm of life. A place for me to show my weaving and vent my frustrations.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, MD

I'm working on developing a Norse persona to explain the weaving and spinning, hence the name. I collect penguins and as my interests state; I also tablet weave, spin, cook, brew, and dabble in embroidery. Stop by, pull up an iceburg, and chill with the penguins.

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Pennsic

Yes, I went to Pennsic.

No, I wasn't there for war week.

I took a class, hung out with friends, got sick on Wednesday, spent WAY too much money and helped host a party on Saturday.

Hopefully we'll be able to stay longer next year.
I don't really have anything to say. The current A&S project is playing with my new drop spindle from Ursula's Alcove and the silk from some other merchant that I can't remember the name of. I adore Ursula. She's one of the three merchants I almost always buy stuff from. I've run out of things to purchase from White Wolf and the Phoenix and I'm waiting for the Spanish Peacock to finish prototyping kumihimo supplies before I buy anything new...but that's not to say that I won't be highly tempted by their drop spindles.

Miguel makes the BEST drop spindles that I have ever used. I cried the day that I snapped the shaft of my first drop spindle from them. But, I took the pieces back and he was able to remake it. *Mental Note* Stop trying to trap a run away drop sindle with your foot.

So, I'm going to stop rambling for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home